Wednesday, July 17, 2013

First week at home....

Well, I do apologize for not keeping you up to date daily, but it's been a little crazy around my house.  On top of the "busy"ness, I have been VERY VERY tired.  I feel fine, just exhausted!

I have not yet met my 64 oz. daily liquid requirement.  I try a little harder each day, as I do not want to end up back in that hospital!  It is tough, the fluid goes down so slowly still that it's hard to get that much in.  I do still drink 1 of the Premier Protein chocolate shakes for breakfast each morning.

I am eating about 4 times a day.  I have found that the cream of chicken soup (watered down) does well in my new tummy.  I have also discovered ONE flavor of Chobani that I can get down.  It's the 100 calorie bite pack of caramel/pineapple.  This has 8 grams of protein... perfect!  The other yogurt that I like is the Danon Light and Fit, pineapple/coconut.  These have only 80 calories, and 5 grams of protein.   (The taste is significantly better than the Chobani)

I have lost about a pound a day since I've been home, crazy!

Below you will see a picture of the worst bruise I have from my surgery/hospital stay.... ha ha ha it's from some crazy nurse poking around in my arm trying to place an IV!  I have very little soreness from just one of my six incisions.  Other than that, all is good!

I'm glad to be home, glad I had this done, and look forward to feeling even better and getting more energy soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment