Friday, June 28, 2013

Pre-Registration - check!

The process did take 1 1/2 hrs, and I followed their advice of not taking children with you.... VERY good idea.  That would have been terrible! 

Anyway, that being said.  The process was fairly easy, just time consuming.  They verified all of my information, got my ID and Insurance card copied, asked about my copay which is $500.00/day.  I should only be in the hospital overnight.  They gave me the option to pay at that time, or when I check in.  Thought that was nice.  I mean, what if I back out?!  JUST KIDDING!  I won't!!

I'm getting more and more excited about this whole thing!  I know how hard it is going to be, and I welcome the challenges that lie ahead. 

I got a nifty little breathing tube thing to practice my breathing on... weird... I can't even come close to how they want me to be, that is HARD!  I guess that's why I have all weekend to practice :)  It's times like this I wish I would have kept up with all the singing I used to do, it sure helps with breathing!!

They also gave me a special soap to bathe with, and they must think I'm pretty dirty, because they said I have to shower on Monday night AND on Tuesday morning.  No hair products, no makeup, and NO nail polish!!  What??!! (well to be honest, she said as long as my two pointer fingers just have clear on them, I'll be ok)  LOL  I asked about fake eyelashes... but she said that with the ointment they put in my eyes, and the fact they will be taping my eyes shut, they might not make it through the surgery too well :)  Guess maybe this is why I stopped having mine done a month or so ago, right?!  ;)

My husband can't stand to talk about any of this right now, says his stomach just gets in knots at the thought of it...... silly man!  Doesn't he know he should focus on the hottie he's going to have in the next year or two?!  Of course, it's not that he doesn't think I'm quite something now... just sayin.... lol

Other than the lack of my cooking in the house recently I'm not sure that my children even realize that it's coming up so quickly.  Oh well, that's teenagers for ya!

I've only been getting 2-3 of these protein drinks in me each day, so I'm working on that today.  Going to make sure I get at least 3 in, maybe 4.  I want to make sure I have some strength built up!  Also, ordering my chewable vitamins finally today! I'm such a procrastinator!

Hope you are all winning your battles today!  We can do this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment