Monday, June 24, 2013

Days 6 -8 Liquid - Doing fine!

Well, I made it through the full weekend!  Ate some veggies (non-starchy) each day, but didn't eat all the cheese or eggs that I could.  I feel MUCH better eating a small piece of fruit a few times (2-3) a day.  By small I mean 1/4 of an apple at a time, or 1/4 of a banana. 

My weight was 245.5 yesterday!  Definitely getting away from that 250!  Super exciting.  I'm finally almost down to where I was before my last child (242).  I'm feeling happy and excited about finally conquering this weight issue!

Emotionally I have not been the best person to be around.  Quite a bit more sensitive than usual, and definitely much "crankier" than normal.  Oh well!  Deal with it!  I'm working hard here!!  LOL :)

I'm not drinking more than 3 of the protein drinks a day.  Some days I only get 2 down, but I'm not too worried about that.

I haven't been able to test flavors of Isopure yet, but we will be getting some this weekend so I have them before I'm out of surgery.  My main concern for this today is that I get my vitamins ordered and here before surgery.  After you have a procedure like this done, you are unable to digest certain types of coatings on vitamins/pills.  I could not find any type of B1 supplement that would work, so I am going to the bariatric advantage site to order some.

I will be posting pictures soon so you can all watch along with me the changes that are happening, and will continue!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this great lil notebook of your journey! I am just beginning my journey and when I say just beginning....Well it has taken 28 years to put the weight on and just this last year to finally decide that Gastric was not an "evil" way out but a tool. I have an appointment with my PCP on July 5th....with hopes that she refers me to the Options program at Kaiser. I will keep following your post as you go on your journey. Thanks again for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome jstagrl! I'm so glad that you found this and can follow and learn from my silly mistakes, and triumphs along the way! Hope your appointment goes well next week!

      Delete