Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 5 Liquid - Did I hear someone say fruit????!!!

Well, I did make it to the support group on Wednesday night.  It was really great to learn more from people who have just recently gone through the surgery, as well as those who are years out!  Lots of great information.  The greatest thing I think I heard was from the dietician who joined us reminding me that it is ok to have a small piece of fruit 3 times a day when I drink my protein.  This helps us keep from getting that "dumb" brain syndrome.  Our body needs carbs to be able to function properly.  It was difficult for me to wrap my brain around, knowing I'm supposed to be all liquid.  It did help me get through the day at work much better though.  We can also eat non starchy vegetables if we need to.  Putting so much protein in our bodies causes some stomach/intestinal issues for some.  This is not fun, but with advice from others I think we all got plenty of ideas for feeling better.

On top of bloating issues right now, eating the fruit and a few veggies made me feel like I had gained 5 lbs.  The scale still shows a loss though.  I'm thankful for that!  I'm actually under 250!  This is the first time that I don't fear it will go back up to that number.  I'm done with this back and forth thing that I've done for so long.  Don't get me wrong, I still sit here a couple times a day wondering about this decision.  Then I remember.... I want to LIVE.  If I could do this on my own, I would have by now.  I need this help, and it's ok.  I will be successful with this tool to help me for a bit.

Hope everyone has a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment